Monica Molt, MEd, LPC, NCC
Specialty Areas: Physical Health Issues, Stress, Anxiety
Hi! I’m Monica,
I’m a Board-Certified Counselor (NCC), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and Group Counselor here at A Quiet Place Counseling. My aim in therapy is to promote emotional growth through the exploration and expansion of one’s overall wellness.
My passion to help others grew quickly during my time as a personal trainer. My experience in the fitness world has allowed me to take a unique approach to therapy, helping clients build self-awareness, develop a healthy mindset, and commit to lifestyle changes that reflect the values that truly matter to them. With these principles in place, a life worth living is attainable and sustainable – and through my extensive experience as a group counselor, I have found that Group Counseling is a wonderful way to get there!
I have led groups on numerous topics, including, but not limited to, stress management, coping skills for young adults, navigating depression for women, and substance use issues. I would be honored to help guide you through the process of achieving wellness. Group counseling is a great way to learn new skills for navigating the stressors of life while connecting and relating to others.
My favorite forms of self-care are watching my plants grow and exercising outdoors. I love connecting with others and finding ways to empower one another. My husband is my number one supporter. In our free time, we are usually traveling, watching sports, or lounging by the water with our dogs, Sala and Ybor.
- Board-Certified Counselor (NCC) | National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC) | Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling (ABEC)
- M.Ed. Clinical Mental Health Counseling | Auburn University
- B.A. Psychology | Auburn University
- B.S. Physical Activity and Health | Auburn University
- Certified Personal Trainer | American College of Sports Medicine
Group Counseling is hands down my favorite. I would love for you to join us!
Quieting the Inner Critic: A Therapy Group for College Women
*Begins on October 19*
Led by Monica Molt, MEd, LPC, NCC
WHO? College Women
WHAT? We often limit ourselves by believing lies about our worth. The comparison game, social media, and experiences of the past greatly impact the way we feel, in addition to how we treat ourselves. If you’re tired of self-esteem issues getting in the way of you finding confidence and freedom in who you are, we would love for you to join us. Over the span of 8 weeks, we will:
1) Explore the nature of low self-esteem and what perpetuates the cycle.
2) Learn techniques to quiet your inner critic and build self-acceptance.
3) Explore ways to live authentically and thrive during your college years.
WHEN? Mondays from 2 – 3:30 pm CST
WHERE? Virtual via our secure, HIPAA-compliant video platform designed for groups
COST? $50 per session
Click here for more info about Group Counseling!