Marina Green, PhD, LPC, NCC
Founder & Clinical Director
Specialty Areas: Anxiety, Self-Esteem, & Relationship Stress
Hi! I’m Marina,
I’m a Board-Certified Counselor (NCC) and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Alabama & Georgia as well as the Founder of A Quiet Place Counseling. Counseling is my passion, and I feel very blessed to be a part of such a meaningful, rewarding profession.
I’m passionate about this profession because it provides me with the platform to love and empower others, as I feel led to do. It has given me the opportunity to support hundreds of people through some of their largest obstacles. Perhaps my favorite parts of therapy are helping my clients find hope in their situation, discover and embrace their self-worth, and learn how to support themselves through moments of pain, instead of beating themselves up for struggling.
I’m collaborative and relational in my approach to counseling, and I believe that much of our psychological distress comes from a) under-valuing or under-respecting ourselves, b) not believing in our ability to cope and manage stressors that come our way, and c) a lacking in true, authentic connection with others. Therefore, it is my job and privilege to help people recognize and embrace their unique strengths and abilities, and explore ways to navigate this life with greater peace, confidence, connection, and grace in spite of imperfection.
I grew up in a military family and I’ve moved 20 times throughout my life. I enjoy journaling, going for walks outside, gardening, and coffee shops with character. I also love deep conversations, essential oils, hoodies, and extreme moose tracks ice cream. 🙂
Anxiety, Self-Esteem, & Relationship Stress
Some Other Issues I Support People Through:
- Boundary Issues
- Life Transitions
- Disordered Eating
- Imposter Syndrome
- Helping Professional Issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) | National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) AL #4080 | Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) GA #012260 | Georgia Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists
- PhD Counselor Education & Supervision | Auburn University
- M.Ed. Clinical Mental Health Counseling | Auburn University
- B.S. Psychology | University of Georgia