Kim Dixon, MEd, ALC, NCC
Associate Licensed Counselor
Specialty Areas: Anxiety, Self-Esteem, & Grief
Hi! I’m Kim,
I’m a Board-Certified Counselor (NCC) and an Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC). One of my favorite quotes is, “If you can’t find your purpose, find your passion; for your passion will lead you right to your purpose” – T.D. Jakes.
From a very early age, my passion has been loving and supporting people right where they are in their journey. My passion for helping others and my strong relational skills made my call to counseling a very natural choice. Counseling provides an opportunity for me to share my greatest joy, which is assisting clients in navigating through life’s challenges. I love helping each person I partner with learn to manage their stress and reach a place of contentment and fulfillment. During life’s most difficult moments, it’s my belief that every person is able to find an element of peace and hope – sometimes, we just need a little help getting there.
I believe counseling is a collaborative process where I will be partnering with you in the healing process. I look forward to the opportunity to join you in bringing about positive changes to your life.
Fun Facts: I like to recharge by exploring and camping in the great outdoors with my family. My favorite pastimes are getting lost in a good fictional book, practicing mindfulness and yoga, and enjoying long conversations and laughs with family and friends. Expressing creativity through cooking and photography also brings me joy.
Issues I Support People Through:
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Life transitions
- Job stress
- Peer relationships
- Academic challenges
- Infertility Issues
- Child and adolescent behavioral problems
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) | National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC) | Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling (ABEC)(Under the supervision of Dr. Margaret Taylor, License #0769)
- M.Ed. School Counseling | Auburn University
- B.S. Psychology & Sociology | University of West Alabama
New Moms: I’m so excited to offer a new therapy group & I would love for you to join us!
Led by Kim Dixon, MEd, NCC
WHO? New Moms
WHAT? Motherhood is full of joy and special moments. It’s full of surprises too – and they’re not always the heartwarming kind. Even though you’re beyond grateful for your little one(s), you’re exhausted and having trouble navigating this uncharted territory. What you’re experiencing is normal. The postpartum season can feel isolating, overwhelming, and uncertain. If you’re experiencing these feelings, we created this group just for you. Grab a cup of coffee or a mocha latte – whatever feels like self-care to you – and join us over the span of 6 weeks as we:
1) Create a safe, non-judgmental space to process through the joys of motherhood, while also validating and normalizing the struggles of being a new mom.
2) Learn tangible coping skills, self-care strategies, and healthy ways to establish new boundaries that will help you preserve your sanity and well-being, while also being the best mama to your little one(s).
3) Explore techniques to promote balance in your life.
WHEN? Mondays from 7 – 8:30 PM
WHERE? Virtual via our secure, HIPAA-compliant video platform designed for groups
COST? $50 per session
Click here for more info about Group Counseling!