Jennifer Guffin, M.Ed., ALC, NCC
Associate Licensed Counselor
Specialty Areas: Anxiety, Depression, & Trauma History
Hi! I’m Jennifer,
I’m a Board-Certified Counselor (NCC) and Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC), and I’m also a doctoral student in Counselor Education at Auburn University. I help people move closer to the life that they want to live.
Oftentimes we become frustrated when life doesn’t happen the way we expected it to. We become caught up trying to get by in life while feeling unhappy on the inside. As a counselor, I want to help you find a different way of living that allows you to be your authentic self, without feeling stuck in life’s messiness. This starts with practicing compassion and gentleness toward yourself. You’ve been doing your best to cope with life in the way you know how. We can honor your story while we work together to help you move forward. When you’re ready, I’ll help you to identify your unique values so that you can start living life on purpose.
I enjoy gardening and meditation. I love cycling as well as all forms of pastries. I’m also a video game nerd who married a comic book nerd. I have two dogs that I love to bits and a cat who tolerates me.
Anxiety, Depression, & Trauma History
Some Other Issues I Support People Through:
- Religious Trauma
- Grief and Loss
- Sexual Assault Survivors
- Emotional Abuse
- Relationship OCD (ROCD)
- Relationship Stress
- Family Stress
- Adult Survivors of Child Abuse/Neglect
- Life Transitions
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) | National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC) | Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling (ABEC) (Under the supervision of Dr. Yulanda Tyre)
- M.Ed. Couples and Family Counseling | University of Montevallo
- B.A. Human Development and Family Studies | University of Montevallo