Daniel Thompson, PhD, Lt Col (ret), BCC, GRM
Specialty Areas: Grief & Loss, Family Issues, and Existential Crisis
Hi! I’m Daniel,
Licensed and an ordained minister, I served 27 years as chaplain both for the U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force. I am also a Board-Certified Chaplain (BCC) through the Association of Christian Chaplains and The National Association of Veteran Affairs Chaplains. Being a certified Grief Recovery Method Specialist (GRM) as well, I have a passion to help clients work through their loss and grief. In addition, I have a passion to prepare Christian couples for marriage and to help enrich marriages for those couples who may be on the brink of divorce or wish to have a simple tune-up.
In my practice as a pastoral counselor, I incorporate prayer, biblical principles, and ordinances to foster wholeness, healing, transformation, and greater connection to others. My aim is to provide Christ-centered problem solving to believers who desire spiritual healing from a Bible-focused perspective.
Momentum is key to seeing results in a short period. To ensure that momentum is maintained between sessions, I encourage some counselees to engage in assigned homework or reading so that the time in our sessions can be highly productive. The homework assignment is always biblically based, often including the Bible itself. The goal is to help clients internalize key principles that will offer clarity, hope, change, and spiritual development.
*For additional information about Pastoral Counseling, click here.
*For additional information about The Grief Recovery Method, click here.
I grew up with a twin sister who also graduated seminary with me. My joy comes from family, playing tennis, camping, video editing, ice cream sandwiches, lasagna and rooting for Florida State Seminoles. From 2019-2020 I served as the Senior Religious Advisor for NATO, a very unique opportunity. It is a thrill for me to serve as an Adjunct Professor for Regent University and Liberty University where I can equip future ministers.
Loss & Grief, Family Issues, and Existential Crisis
Some Other Issues I Support People Through:
- Biblical Worldview
- Chronic Illness
- Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) | Association of Christian Chaplains (ACCC)
- Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) | The National Association of Veteran Affairs Chaplains (NAVAC)
- PhD Leadership | The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MDiv Christian Education | The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MS Military Operational Art & Science | Air University
- BS Math Education | Florida State University
- Clinical Pastoral Education | The Institute for Clinical Pastoral Training
- Grief Recovery Method Specialist | The Grief Recovery Institute