Beth Brown, M.Ed., ALC, NCC
Associate Licensed Counselor
Specialty Areas: Trauma/PTSD, Guilt/Shame, & Sexual Assault/Abuse
Hi! I’m Beth,
I’m a Board-Certified Counselor (NCC), Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC), and I am trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). I absolutely love meeting new people and being able to share in their growth stories.
My passion for therapy centers on authentic connection, resolving wounds, and empowering full potential living. Whether you have small setbacks or extremely delicate trauma, both your head and your heart have been impacted by those memories. Some memories you may not remember or fully understand.
I have experience supporting people through a variety of concerns, from mild anxiety to sexual assault. I work to empower clients to take charge of their past, heal wounds, and transition to freedom. A painful past does not have to dictate our future. In the words of Brené Brown…
“Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”
I was born in Cheongiu, South Korea. 😊 I have two school-aged children who keep me on my toes and love to laugh. In my spare time, I enjoy painting, reading a good book, spending time with my family, and hardy, belly laughter with friends.
Trauma/PTSD, Guilt/Shame, & Sexual Assault/Abuse
Some Other Issues I Support People Through:
- Grief and Loss
- Post-divorce Recovery
- Single Parenthood
- Emotional Abuse
- Adult Survivor of Child Abuse
- Adult Survivor of Domestic Abuse
- Stress Management
- Faith-Based Counseling
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) | National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC) | Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling (ABEC) (Under the supervision of Dr. Margaret Taylor, License #0769)
- M.Ed. Clinical Mental Health Counseling | Auburn University
- B.S. Human Development and Family Studies | Auburn University