Having trouble finding the right college major that fits your personality? Do you dread going to work each day? Did you “follow your passion” but now find yourself feeling unfulfilled and frustrated?
To experience a happy and fulfilling life, it’s important to have a career that you love. However, a recent study concluded that over 50% of Americans are dissatisfied (if not downright unhappy) with their work. This dissatisfaction can lead to stress, anxiety and even depression. This unhappiness can also bleed over into your personal life, negatively impacting the relationships you have with friends and loved ones.
We are here to help! Our career coaching services are designed to help you navigate the complex professional world, find a way to fuse your personal and work values, and explore career options that will fit your desired lifestyle.
Our Career Coach, Julian Shields, who is extensively trained and experienced in vocational development, is here to support you step-by-step through the professional development process. After an initial assessment, he will guide you through developing a step-by-step plan to help you reach your professional goals. Services offered include, but are not limited to:
✓ Assistance with building a solid resume
✓ Creating a LinkedIn profile
✓ Practicing mock interviews
✓ Creating job progress logs
✓ Identifying higher educational requirements and opportunities
✓ Identifying which occupations will be a good fit for you based on your strengths and values
✓ Challenging limiting beliefs and building confidence
✓ Managing stressors within the workplace
We can help you figure out which direction to go next.
Unlocking Your Professional Potential: A Career Coaching Program for Young Men
Led by Julian Shields, MS, RC
WHO? Men ages 18-25
WHAT? Emerging adulthood is full of change, uncertainty, and identity exploration. For many, all of this happening at once can lead to stress about the future, difficulty making decisions, and self-confidence issues, particularly as they relate to education and career. Oftentimes, men feel obligated to be strong and capable, which can lead to an overwhelming sense of pressure to succeed. We created this career coaching group for young men who may have professional goals in mind, but are wanting to build empowerment to confidently pursue their goals. Over the span of 8 weeks, we will:
1) Learn strategies for setting meaningful goals that will positively impact daily decisions.
2) Develop skills for building self-efficacy, emotional regulation, and proactive stress management to enhance performance.
3) Build knowledge and tangible professional skills to maximize career success.
WHEN? Mondays from 6:00 – 7:30 PM
WHERE? Virtual via our secure, HIPAA-compliant video platform designed for groups
COST? $30 per session
A Quiet Place Counseling Makes the Following Distinctions Between “Coaching” Services and “Counseling” Services:
It is important to note that coaching does not follow a medical model and it is not used or intended to treat mental illness or psychological symptoms. It is not considered counseling or psychotherapy; therefore, mental health evaluations are not a component of the coaching process.
- A previous counseling client cannot transition to coaching services to avoid dual relationships.
- No medical or psychological diagnosis will be provided, nor will medical records be maintained (i.e., treatment plan, progress notes, etc.).
- A file will be kept including general coaching client information, in addition to general notes and current goals for coaching services.
- Coaching is not an appropriate service for high risk needs and concerns, including, but not limited to, suicidal ideation, psychosis, self-harm, psychosis, disordered eating, and substance abuse. If it is determined that a higher level of care is needed, referrals will be provided.